Paddy Martin Randonee 2018 cycling for AWARE!

You can talk about anything here

Moderators: Ian Mulvaney, MarkLoughran, Stephen Gallagher

gpeelo

Paddy Martin Randonee 2018 cycling for AWARE!

Post by gpeelo »

Hi all,
The Paddy Martin Randonee is now fast approaching and fingers crossed for good weather. WE have a few new twists and turns on the 90km route this year. If you havn't yet taken part in this randonee we promise a great day with great food. Proceeds to AWARE!
Please see home page for full details or contact me on 0863628280, and please try and support the event.

Gillian Peelo
gpeelo

Re: Paddy Martin Randonee 2018 cycling for AWARE!

Post by gpeelo »

PADDY MARTIN RANDONEE!
Hi all, I'm asking for a little bit of help on Sunday 1st July for above randonee. I need just 4 rolling marshals which means you can still take part and enjoy the spin. Special call out to all who RACE as a little return to leisure members for helping with club races. Please contact me on 0863628280 if you'd like to help. Thanks, Gillian
gpeelo

Post by gpeelo »

Bray Wheelers CC Route maps:Paddy Martin 90km - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer... Martin 120km - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer... Martin 70km - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...
gpeelo

Post by gpeelo »

Paddy Martin Randonnée – Groups
The following groups will be leaving the clubhouse, at the times below. And they will be led by Bray Wheelers members, and are open to all, members and non members alike.
22–25kph group, led by Kevin Metcalfe, leaving clubhouse at 9.30am for 90km route.
25kph group, led by Tony Martin, leaving clubhouse at 9.25am for 120km route.
25–28kph group, led by Damian Doyle, leaving clubhouse at 10am for 120km route.
Riders can of course ride on their own, or in their own groups if preferred.
gpeelo

Post by gpeelo »

At the end of a long day for the Paddy Martin Randonee 2018 and the Martin Family would sincerely send a huge thanks to everyone involved in getting us to the start and finish line. The feedback has been great and thanks so much for taking the time to post it. Special thanks to all riders as if you don't turn up there's no event, to BW committee for continued support, Tony and David Martin for the neatly placed road markings etc., to all marshals, Dave Peelo, John Walker, (Kilcullen CC) Deirbhle Ivory, Ger Ivory, Vincent Price, John McElroy, Maurice Dore, Mick Byrne , Kevin Metcalfe for Redcross water stop and a special thanks to Liam Walker (Kilcullen CC)who followed the last group on the road and did back up for the day, attending the many sorts of mishaps riders had. To the catering and a big thanks to Bernie Hunt, Geraldine Rooney, Margarete Clarke and Eileen O'Sullivan, Eoin and Aisling Martin and to my little personal helper Holly and to anyone I may have forgotten to mention. Last and most importantly to my mother Tess Martin, wife and best friend to our late father Paddy Martin who taught us everything we know about how to run a great event. Paddy Martin would be very proud of ye all. See ye all next year!