Our first Bray Wheelers summer Leisure Challenge finished on 12th Sept 2021. This was a challenge taken up by 52 club members over 20 weeks and included a Distance, Hills and Randonneur personal challenge and an associated Team League and Chevre D’Or (Golden Goat) challenge. Well done and thanks to everyone who participated.
Stay tuned for the award winning individuals and teams, which will be announced, on Thurs 28th Oct at 8pm, and the club prize night, in the clubhouse!! Certificates for all who completed the challenge too!!
Top level numbers:
- 81% completed at least one part of their personal challenge.
- 71% completed their personal Distance Challenge.
- 73% completed their personal Hills Challenge.
- 59% completed their personal Randonneur Challenge.
Here are some pretty amazing overall statistics from this years Leisure Challenge:
- Over 150,000 km cycled
- That is the equivalent of 4 times the circumference of the Earth!
- Over 1,900 climbs of the hills listed at https://tinyurl.com/BWCC-Hills
- That is 95 hills completed each week.
- Almost 500 100km spins
- That is the equivalent of cycling half of the total road network in the Republic of Ireland, in blocks of 100km!
- Over 1,600,000 metres of climbing
- That is the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest 180 times!
Many thanks to Orwell Wheelers for their advice on setting up the Challenge.
We’ll do it again next year.